ELENA yacht

The full index of our ship stamp archive
aukepalmhof

ELENA yacht

Post by aukepalmhof » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:29 pm

The yacht depict on the 1.55 Euro stamp of Monaco I believe is the ELENA by comparing the stamp with photo’s of the yacht she looks the same, but I am a merchant man and my expertise on yachts is not great, so I could been wrong.
She was built as a steel hulled replica of a famous yacht ELENA designed by Nathanael G Hereshoff under yard No 706/Y103 by Factoria Naval de Marin, Galicia, Spain, I could not find an owner.
2009 Launched as the ELENA.
Displacement 215 ton, Dim. 55.00 x 8.14 x 5.20m. (draught), length on waterline 29.60m.
Two mast, schooner rigged, total sail area 1,800 m².
Auxiliary engine one MAN V12 D2482LE, 600 hp diesel engine, speed?, bow thrusther of 70 kW.
Accommodation for 10 guests, crew 8.
When built her asking price was 8.9 million Euro, and she was sold in June 2010.

She is for charter for cruising or racing.
http://www.charterworld.com/?sub=yacht- ... elena-1839 gives on the yacht:

Sailing Yacht ELENA was ‘born to sail’ as her predecessor was, almost one hundred years earlier. This Classic will provide a thrilling experience for any keen sailors wishing to take part in any of the Mediterranean or Caribbean Classic Regattas. With her expansive decks, luxurious interior and modern facilities, ELENA is also an excellent charter yacht for those just wishing to relax and enjoy her pure elegance. Below deck, ELENA is equipped with the latest navigation and communication equipment, entertainment systems and air conditioning.

With luxurious accommodation for up to ten guests, the layout remains true to the original drawings from Herreshoff. This modern version enjoys the addition of discrete extras to ensure guests can enjoy all the modern comforts. All guest cabins are exquisitely finished with mahogany paneling, while all interior ornamental details follow the original Herreshoff designs. The en-suite bathrooms have separate showers and toilets and are finished with elegant period fittings. Ample hanging and cupboard space is built in, while each cabin has its own privately controlled air conditioning system as well as an iPod docking station with televisions available on request. Overhead skylights and portholes offer an abundance of natural light while below deck.

After following the designs of the original ELENA so meticulously, there is no doubt that the rebirth of this spectacular yacht nearly one hundred years later can only be as successful as her original namesake. Her unforgettable blend of beauty and sheer speed ensure that she will turn heads wherever she goes. ELENA truly is one of the most remarkable charter yachts available today.

Monaco 2014 1.55 Euro sg?, scott?

Source: Various internet sites.
Attachments
elena-sailing-yacht.jpg
Image (126).jpg