COTE D'OR (I) yacht

The full index of our ship stamp archive
aukepalmhof

COTE D'OR (I) yacht

Post by aukepalmhof » Mon May 04, 2015 10:55 pm

Niger issued in 1998 a sheet of two 2000 F stamps which shows us the French sailing legend ERIC TABARLEY with in the margin and on right stamp yachts he used.
So far I can see are it the yachts COTE d’OR I and II.
It looks that in the margin two monohull yachts (not identified) are depict and one catamaran which shows the name CÔTE D’OR II, while the stamp on the right shows the monohull CÔTE D’OR I
CÔTE D’OR I was built by Andre Cocquyt at the AMTEC shipyard in Belgium, and designed by the French naval architect Joubert Nivelt.
Displacement 32 tons, dim. 25.4 x 6 x 4.3m. (draught)
Hull made of sandwich Kevlar-carbon
Sail area 703 m².
1985 Completed as the CÔTE D’OR named after the main sponsor of the Belgium chocolate branch.
She took part in the Whitbread Round the World Race 1985-1986 under skipper Eric Taberly and Belgium flag, ended as 10th in a time of 125 days and 19 hours.
1987 Took part in the French Race from Lorient to St Pierre et Miquelon and return, ended 2nd in this race.
She was sold in 199? And renamed in YORGO, can’t find her new owners but she was skippered for a long time by Jan Blomme. Used as a charter yacht with 4 crew and up to 12 passengers.
She was for sale and was sold, needed a refit, have not any info more on her.

Niger 1998 two 2000F stamps or labels sgMS?, scott?
Source: Internet
Attachments
cote d'or (I).jpg
Image (25).jpg
Image (26).jpg