ALEXANDROVSKY submarine

The full index of our ship stamp archive
aukepalmhof

ALEXANDROVSKY submarine

Post by aukepalmhof » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:40 pm

The Russian MS of 12p issued in 2006 for the 150th Anniversary of the Baltic Factory, depict in the margin of this stamp vessels built on the yard.
From the left to the right, top first.
1)The unnamed Alexandrovsky designed and built submarine.
2)OPYT the first Russian gunboat.
3)Petropavlovsk class battleship of which three were built PETROPAVLOVSK, POLTAVA and SEVASTOPOL, but not one was built on the Baltic Shipyard, so I believe more likely one of the Borodino class, of which 5 were built is depict.
The IMPERATOR, KNIAZ SUVAROV and SLAVIA of this class were built on the Baltic Shipyard.
4)ROSSIYA, the four funnel vessel.
5)DOZORNYY pennant No 704 on delivery renamed in TALWAR (F40) for the Indian Navy.
6)The nuclear icebreaker is the ARKTIKA.
7)The space control/monitoring vessel is the KOSMONAUT YURIY GAGARIN built in 1971.
8)The cruiser with pennant No 183 is PYOTR VELIKHY.

Some more details are given on some vessels in the index.

The tanker under construction on the 12p stamp is most probably one of the PEKIN class, all built on the Baltic Shipyard.
Of this class 7 were built. Bock gives one more the BELGOROD, but nowhere can I find anything more on this ship, so her existence is doubtful.

ALEXANDROVSKY’s SUBMARINE.

Not much is known of this unnamed submarine, she was fitted with an engine, which could give her a speed of only 1.5 knots, with a endurance of 3 miles.
She was designed by I.F.Alexandrovsky in 1866 and built on the Baltic Factory
Attachments
tmp121.jpg